August 30, 2011

God is Faithful


My daughter and I recently visited the Billy Graham library. I was so amazed and inspired by his tenacity. I was especially moved with a greater appreciation for the man who is responsible, in part, for my salvation. It was through a Billy Graham crusade that I called in to receive prayer and gave my life to Christ.

One of the many things that amazed me is that right before a crusade in Los Angeles, California, Billy Graham was dared by another pastor to question the authority of the bible. So many times in our walk with God we want to question the authority of the bible. When we’re in a battle it’s easy to question whether God is real or whether He hears our cries. Life isn’t easy. So why do we expect our walk with God to be easy? It’s in moments like that when we have to stand strong like Billy Graham and say we believe everything God’s word says and we are going to believe it with all of our hearts.

God IS real and He hears our cries.  His word says that what we ask for and believe we shall receive. A thousand years is but a day in the eyes of God. When we pray, God answers the prayer right at that moment. It is at that moment that we need to turn our tears into praise and thank God for doing just what He said He would do. We must pray and leave it at the altar. God is faithful to His word.

Believe it and be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment